Saturday, May 8, 2010

A few changes around here . . .

So, since my last post (eons ago, I know), a few dietary events have taken place.

Well, there have been a ton of them (meals, you know), but here are the most important:


  • I've done a long stint as a raw vegan (and loved it!)
  • I've discovered I'm gluten-intolerant (one bite and boy do I know it!)
  • I've renewed my commitment to being completely dairy free (coconuts are my best friends)
  • I've discovered I'm pregnant (14 weeks as of this post--but of course I've known for a while)
So, as you might be able to see, the recipes I post here are going to take a new bent.  I have a bunch of recipes I've saved up over the last long while, and I'll start posting the ones I love (hopefully with photos, if I can remember, lol), along with links to my favorite resources for gluten-free and other alternative dietary sites and recipes.

Tonight we're celebrating our youngest's birthday, and I've tried a bunch of new stuff . . . here's the menu:

Gf-df mac & cheesy sauce
Preservative-free turkey franks
Spinach salad
Pamela's decadent chocolate cake (the only thing from a commercial mix)
Peach coconut milk ice cream

Reveiws, etc., to come . . . I hope you enjoy what I have to share, and that it helps ease the challenge of eating outside the S.A.D.

Bon apetit!

No comments: